The Merritt Volleyball Association is a non-profit organization that works to promote volleyball within the community.
All Members of the Executive Committee are volunteers.
The 2019/2020 Executive Members are:
- Lila Murphy
- Angela Russell
- Paulette Racine
- Nicole McKay-Smith
- Kendra Sundher
- Crystal McGowan
Our main activity is organizing local volleyball leagues, however, we also organize two VOLLEYFEST tournaments each year, provide sponsorship to local youth volleyball players and annual scholarships to local students attending university.
For the last 7 years VOLLEYFEST has been raising funds in order to donate to charities, some of the Charities to date include:
- The BC Breast Cancer Society ~ 2013
- BC Children’s Hospital ~ 2014
- Make-A-Wish Foundation (BC and Yukon) ~ 2015
- The Big Brothers and Sisters of Kamloops and Region ~ 2016
- The Special Olympics of British Columbia (Merritt Region) ~ 2017
- The Ty Pozzobon Foundation ~2018
- The Nicola Valley Search and Rescue ~ 2019