Live and work but do not forget to play, to have fun in life and really enjoy it.
Registration for VOLLEYFEST is NOW OPEN!!!
THE 2024 MIXED VOLLEYFEST TOURNAMENT IS FULL (still room in the ladies tournament)!
TEAMS REGISTERING WILL BE PLACED ON A WAITLIST.
YOU WILL BE CONTACTED VIA EMAIL IF A SPOT BECOMES AVAILABLE AND ASKED TO SEND PAYEMENT TO SECURE YOUR SPOT!
LOOKING FORWARD TO AN AWESOME (AND FULL) TOURNAMENT!
This year, we are supporting The Nicola Valley Food Bank
This year’s theme will be:
“Rock and Roll”
The dates have been finalized but due to high demand, we will be capping the number of teams that can play so be sure to register asap (after Jan 1/24).
The dates for the Mixed and Ladies tournaments are as follows:
Mixed – April 5th , April 6th and 7th 2024
Ladies – April 26th, 27th and 28th 2024
2024 Logo Design
COMING SOON!!!! STAY TUNED
Team Fees will be $375 for early registration and $400 after the early bird date (add any t-shirt costs on top of that) and MUST be received by March 22th, 2024 (for mixed) and April 12th 2024 (for Ladies). This is the last day to register, no exceptions!
Please mail cheques to Merritt Volleyball Association PO Box 1979 Merritt, BC V1K 1B8.
On top of paying by cash or cheque, you can now pay via E-TRANSFER! Please make the payment to: email@example.com
E-transfers are quick and easy and are actually the preferred method of payment.
******please use your teams name as the security question answer****** 🙂
Please keep in mind: Registering for Volleyfest does not guarantee your spot in the tournament. Once we RECEIVE your payment, then your spot will be secured.
2024 VOLLEYFEST RULES
- C.V.A Rules apply
- Net Height:
- Mixed Competitive 1 (highest level of play) – 2.43 M
- Mixed Competitive 2 (middle level of play) and Recreational – 2.34 M
- Ladies Tournament – 2.24
We are going continue the 2024 tournaments without the “Ghost Rule”, so teams can play with 5 players without being penalized BUT there must still be 2 women on the court at all times (mixed tournament)! Teams without 2 women will forfeit their set!
- All games must start and end on time.
◦Game Start Times -If a team is waiting for a player (only have four or less players) and is not able to start their game on time; they must forfeit the first game. They will forfeit the 2nd game if the player is not ready to play by 15 minutes past game start time. They will forfeit the 3rd game if the player is not ready to play by 30 minutes past the game start time. Each forfeit is a 25-0 score.
◦1-hour time limit (including warm-up): warm-up begins 10 minutes before the hour, games begin on the hour and end after 50 minutes of play, play all 3 games if possible
- On the Friday and Saturday, all three games are a race to 25 points. You do NOT need to win by 2 points in any game. PLAY ALL THREE SETS BECAUSE IN THE EVENT OF A TIE FOR SETS WON, POINTS WILL BE USED TO BREAK A TIE FOR SEEDING!!!
- All scores will be recorded after each match is completed. TEAM CAPTAINS ARE TO SIGN OFF ON THE SCORECARD, IF YOU DO NOT, NO COMPLAINTS REGARDING SCORE WILL BE ATTENDED TO!
- Teams must Referee and possibly Score Keep as scheduled on the Friday and Saturday or forfeit playoffs on Sunday.
- On the Sunday, it is a best two-out-of-three game series, the first two games are a race to 25 and the third game is a race to 15. You do NOT need to win by 2 points in any game.
- Sunday is Single Knockout – schedule will be posted at the Social on Saturday night.
- Winning Teams on Sunday may be required to Referee and Score Keep the following game.
- Call own nets and touches.
- Serving out of rotation will result in loss of point as well as loss of serve
- Please keep breaks between sets to 2 minutes or less
- One step over the boundary line is permitted at the far side of CMS gym.
- As this is an adult recreational sport, all players must realize the risk of injury and assume responsibility (this is assumed by filling out the registration form and/or participating in the tournament(s)).
- Libero is permitted, although not permitted to serve and if the Libero is female there still needs to be 2 female players on the court when the Libero subs off.
- No contact of the net by any player involved in the play of the ball.
- If the ball touches the ceiling the play is over, although if it goes through the rafters without contact play goes on.
- Only players on the roster will be eligible to play in the tournament.
- There must be 2 female players on the court at all times for the mixed tournament (even if you are playing with 5 players!)
- Keep gyms clean. No alcohol is allowed in the gym.
- Sportsmanship is Mandatory.
- To get everyone home at a good time Sunday, games may be played sooner than scheduled. Be prepared to play – be at your next game at least a half hour early!
- Presentations will follow last game at NVIT (Nicola Valley Institute of Technology).
Once you click on the “sign up” button, your registration form will be submitted to The Merritt Volleyball Association.
Full registration will not be confirmed until we have received your payment in the amount of $400 per team ($375 if registering AND sending full payment before the early bird deadline of Jan 14/24).
Once your team has been registered you will receive an email confirmation and once you have submitted payment, you will receive another email confirmation 🙂
The preferred method of payment is via email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and a full roster is needed.
If you require any additional information, please contact the MVA Representative:
Angela Russell @ email@example.com
Yay for VOLLEYFEST, Looking forward to seeing you there!
MVA Refund Policy
- If a team needs to cancel with 21+ days remaining before the start of the tournament, a full refund of paid fees will be issued!
- If a team cancels with 15-20 days remaining before the start of the tournament, 50% of paid fees will be issued!
- If a team cancels with 14 or less days remaining before the start of the tournament, there will be NO refund of paid fees!
- Looking forward to seeing you there!!
- PLEASE “LIKE” US ON FACEBOOK