2023 VOLLEYFEST RULES
- C.V.A Rules apply
- Net Height:
- Mixed Competitive 1 (highest level of play) – 2.43 M
- Mixed Competitive 2 (middle level of play) and Recreational – 2.34 M
- Ladies Tournament – 2.24
We are going to try the 2023 tournaments without the “Ghost Rule”, so teams can play with 5 players without being penalized BUT there must still be 2 women on the court at all times! Teams without 2 women will forfeit their set!
- All games must start and end on time.
◦Game Start Times -If a team is waiting for a player (only have four or less players) and is not able to start their game on time; they must forfeit the first game. They will forfeit the 2nd game if the player is not ready to play by 15 minutes past game start time. They will forfeit the 3rd game if the player is not ready to play by 30 minutes past the game start time. Each forfeit is a 25-0 score.
◦1-hour time limit (including warm-up): warm-up begins 10 minutes before the hour, games begin on the hour and end after 50 minutes of play, play all 3 games if possible
- On the Friday and Saturday, all three games are a race to 25 points. You do NOT need to win by 2 points in any game.
- All scores will be recorded after each match is completed. TEAM CAPTAINS ARE TO SIGN OFF ON THE SCORECARD, IF YOU DO NOT, NO CAMPLAINTS REGARDING SCORE WILL BE ATTENDED TO!
- Teams must Referee and possibly Score Keep as scheduled on the Friday and Saturday or forfeit playoffs on Sunday.
- On the Sunday, it is a best two-out-of-three game series, the first two games are a race to 25 and the third game is a race to 15. You do NOT need to win by 2 points in any game.
- Sunday is Single Knockout – schedule will be posted at the Social on Saturday night.
- Winning Teams on Sunday may be required to Referee and Score Keep the following game.
- Call own nets and touches.
- Serving out of rotation will result in loss of point as well as loss of serve
- Please keep breaks between sets to 2 minutes or less
- One step over the boundary line is permitted at the far side of CMS gym.
- As this is an adult recreational sport, all players must realize the risk of injury and assume responsibility (this is assumed by filling out the registration form and/or participating in the tournament(s)).
- Libero is permitted, although not permitted to serve and if the Libero is female there still needs to be 2 female players on the court when the Libero subs off.
- No contact of the net by any player involved in the play of the ball.
- If the ball touches the ceiling the play is over, although if it goes through the rafters without contact play goes on.
- Only players on the roster will be eligible to play in the tournament.
- There must be 2 female players on the court at all times for the mixed tournament (even if you are playing with 5 players!)
- Keep gyms clean. No alcohol is allowed in the gym.
- Sportsmanship is Mandatory.
- To get everyone home at a good time Sunday, games may be played sooner than scheduled. Be prepared to play – be at your next game at least a half hour early!
- Presentations will follow last game at NVIT (Nicola Valley Institute of Technology).
Once you click on the “sign up” button, your registration form will be submitted to The Merritt Volleyball Association.
Full registration will not be confirmed until we have received your payment in the amount of $385 per team ($350 if registering AND sending full payment before the earlybird deadline of Feb 24/23).
Once your team has been registered you will receive an email confirmation and once you have submitted payment, you will receive another email confirmation 🙂
The preferred method of payment is via email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and a full roster is needed.
If you require any additional information, please contact the MVA Representative:
Angela Russell @ email@example.com
We are excited to have VOLLEYFEST return, please help us make these tournaments as amazing as they have been in the past!